We're looking for a Product Advisor with the skills and focus to help us achieve these goals. Our entire team works hard, and works together, to ensure our customers are cared for. When you join Nelson Toyota, you will be expected to do the same.
The ideal candidate is motivated, professional and very comfortable working with customers and understanding their needs. If you are pursuing a real career, one with challenges, opportunities and terrific rewards for your excellence, then we strongly urge you to apply.
Nelson Toyota supports its team with training, a comprehensive benefits program, a complete inventory of award-winning vehicles, and a progressive compensation plan. To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by e-mail to Derek Roulston, sales manager at Nelson Toyota.
If you are looking to develop your career in sales and customer service, join Nelson as an Automotive Product Advisor. Our management team will provide extensive training and support, while you will provide the consistent effort, persistence, and motivation to achieve your goals.
Automotive experience is not as important as the desire to provide excellent customer service and develop your sales skills. Being a great Product Advisor is about listening to customers, knowing your product and helping people get what they want. It is not about cheesy, old-school sales tactics! We are part of a growing industry that provides a rewarding career, advancement, and a dynamic work environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- As a product advisor, you will sell new- and pre-owned vehicles that meet the specific needs of our valued customers.
- You will take responsibility for each step in the sales process, from greeting customers to explaining vehicle features to presenting proposals.
- You will study and stay current with product knowledge including Toyota vehicles and competitive models.
- You will complete all training required by the dealership and Toyota Canada.
- You will complete various administrative tasks as required.
Product Advisor duties:
- Understands automobiles by studying characteristics, capabilities, and features; comparing and contrasting competitive models.
- Develops buyers by maintaining rapport with previous customers; suggesting trade-ins; meeting prospects at community activities; greeting drop-ins; responding to inquiries; recommending sales campaigns and promotions.
- Qualifies buyers by understanding buyer's requirements and interests; matching requirements and interests to various models; building rapport.
- Demonstrates automobiles by explaining characteristics, capabilities, and features; taking drives; explaining warranties and services.
- Closes sales by overcoming objections; asking for sales; negotiating price; completing sales or purchase contracts; explaining provisions; explaining and offering warranties, services, and financing; collects payment; delivers automobile.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances dealership reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
ARE YOU RIGHT FOR THIS ROLE?
You are a good fit if you are persistent, sociable, organized and self-motivated. You are willing to listen to and learn from others. You are comfortable and confident when communicating with others. You value the rewards of your hard work and effort. You hold a driver's license and have a clean driving record.
Apply today for this exciting and rewarding career with a cover letter and resume. All resumes and expressions of interest treated confidentially. This position is open to permanent residents or Canadian citizens.